Nawa Bijay Shrestha
Nawa Bijay Shrestha is an award-winning film director, screenwriter, and producer based in Kathmandu, Nepal. He holds a Bachelor’s degree from oscar International College of film studies, Nepal, with an emphasis on film directing and screenwriting.
Mr. Shrestha has participated in many national and international film festivals and workshops, including Thailand’s international film destination, a festival where his film “The magical Trang” won the outstanding presentation award in 2015.
He has directed many short films, documentaries, and TV commercials. Some of the notable projects include “the colorless butterfly”, which was premiered at the Kathmandu International Mountain Film Festival, 2019, and EKTA, which was the winner of the Best Short film award at the 17th Kathmandu international mountain film festival (KIMFF), Paribartit Nepal Section.
His producing credits include the documentaries “Sankosh”(2015) and “4 Hours”(2017), as well as the short films “TSheter”(2018), “Samsaya”(2019), “A Nepali short film guide for film festival”(2019).
Most recently, he wrapped up the production of another documentary “Pinky Sister” (2020), and now in the process of developing a feature film project based on the later life of the Buddha(a co-production with the US-based White Cloud Productions).
Achievements and Awards
- The magical Trang, Short, Director
- Winner the outstanding presentation award in 2015, Thailand’s international film destination
- the colorless butterfly, Short, Director
- Premiered at the Kathmandu International Mountain Film Festival, 2019, and EKTA
- Winner of the Best Short film award at the 17th Kathmandu international mountain film festival (KIMFF), Paribartit Nepal Section.
"Filmmaking is a chance to live many lifetimes."
- Robert Altman